mercredi 25 mai 2011

An excuse

Hello peeps! How's your week going so far? Mine is quite good especially that my kids are doing much better, health-wise speaking. Thanks to everyone that inquired about that! :) And since I've managed to finally finish a scrapbook layout, this week is in fact quite perfect for me! :)

The layout started with me wading through my last year's pictures, trying to figure out how many layouts I still have to make in order to be up to date. And I've found those pictures of a trip we made to a Foundation for Dogs-Guides for Blind (that's the name in French, hope it's not too shocking for you). I remember well my daughter in that beautiful, big red flowery dress, walking through the field, how we lunched on the grassy hill and the visit itself. Alas, we were not allowed to touch puppies, I believe kids would simply LOVE it! Anyway, the trip was just an excuse to spend an afternoon together and have fun. And that's my layouts title and that's what journaling says, more or less...


I wanted to create a patterned paper that would match (sort of) my daughter's dress. I stamped the background on watercolor paper, then again the big flower on separate pieces, sprayed those with water mixed with some Perfect Pearl powder, cut out, distressed with some Old Paper Distress ink and colored with some Wild Honey in the middle. Then adhered those to the background with dimensional adhesive, over stamped everything with Envelope Pattern and added seed pearls in the middle. Maybe on this close up you can see the subtle shine on the flower...

...and on this one the dimension. All this for Hero Arts' monthly contest which is (partly) about Fabulous Flowers.


OK, I guess that's all the"blah-blah" you'll get from me tonight! :) Have a good night!

7 commentaires:

alexandra s.m. a dit…

Encore une magnifique page Agata!
Bravo!!

xox

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 a dit…

Wonderful page. Love the effect on your flowers - the shimmer and watercolour effect.

jen a dit…

WOW!!! what a beautiful page- and those flowers are amazing- the seed bead centers are so fun- must try that sometime!!
thanks for the nice comment on MFW!

Tiffany Ervin a dit…

Really beautiful use of the large flower, so very pretty and I love the way you have arranged your photos!

Alice a dit…

the photos are so cute and love love your flower panel in this. gorgeous!! fabulous layout, Agata!

Heather Rogers a dit…

What a fun LO. I love the flowers. :)
Hugs~

clicandscrap a dit…

Très joli blog, des idées surprenantes : j'm !
amitiés