vendredi 26 août 2011

Project 12 - July

***This is my second post today. For my DT Team up project, scroll down or click HERE. Thank you! :)***

Hi folks! I'm back as promised! :) This time I have my take on Project 12 - July to show you! Here's the sketch:


Now, before you start saying that it's not the right sketch, I'll interrupt. I know, it's the May sketch. But since I still haven't made my May layout I could do a little switch. Why? Because our July was so quiet, I didn't have enough pictures to fill the July sketch. Plus, the July sketch will be perfect for my May layout since there are so many pictures from that month.

Now, after all that long explanation here's my July layout. The very first one with a colorful background.
I've recently purchased some paper packs and wanted very much to use the Luscious one by Basic Grey. That ment cutting up papers and making a patchwork. To reinforce this effect, I stitched all pieces with zig-zag stitch.

Since my sewing machine was already out, I used it to sew all around both edges. That's one thing that unifies my Project 12 layouts.

Another one are SRM Stickers that I used for title and accents. They were not perfectly of the color I needed. However, they matched two pictures. And I guess that gives them the right to be on the layout after all...

OK, I'm off for good today. It would seem that the September issue of CARDS magazine is out. And I have one card in there! But I'll save it for another time once I've received the issue. Thanks to Tiffany for the reminder! :)

4 commentaires:

alexandra s.m. a dit…

Coucou Agata!
Superbe DP encore une fois!!
Ton album va etre génial!
Au fait vas-tu le smettre à part ou bien les ranger avec les autres pages?

Bises

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 a dit…

Gorgeous - love how you created the quilted look!

Tiffany Ervin a dit…

Really gorgeous layout, I love the diagonal patterns on that background, you inspire me to scrap more, have been too lazy to take new pics of my son!! I need to get on that soon!

Davinie Fiero a dit…

that background is brilliant!!!