mercredi 13 avril 2011

In the Air

Hello there! Things got a little less warm after the weekend, weather-wise. Kiddos-wise, they got much hotter if you get my meaning! :) Anyway, I don't even know when I made this card. Probably in between one storm and another... But since the air is hot, balloons fly better, isn't it? Especially when there's a Moxie Fab World challenge involved. If you need to know everything, I don't own any balloon related product, paper or stamp. I could paper piece something but I'm lazy those days (that goes with the Summery-like weather we just had...) So, I took one bauble from this Christmas stamp set by myStamp Box and turned it into a hot-air balloon...


The sky piece was made on a piece of watercolor paper, with dye inks and Perfect Pearls powder for the lovely shimmer...

And the sentiment was adhered to a piece of corrugated cardstock that acts as the basket which is attached to the balloon with crochet floss...

I've seen some gorgeous submissions and compared to them my card is sort of "blah". Still, I had fun working on it and hope for more hot weather! See ya!

13 commentaires:

Janet's Joy a dit…

Very clever! Cute card.

alexandra s.m. a dit…

Trop mimi en effet ;-)
Bisous

Jolene a dit…

Ok, that's pretty cool!!

jaine drake a dit…

How cute I love your background.

Valérie a dit…

Une superbe carte...la mongolfière est subliiime avec tous ces reliefs!!!
Bravo
biz

Tiffany Ervin a dit…

Absolutely clever of you, love the crinkled look of that basket!! I do the same, if I can't find the 'perfect' stamp, I just have to improvise, I find myself using a lot of manual punches to create an object too.

Bettina a dit…

I love this card and the sky is beautiful!

Clare a dit…

Oh, this is so sweet and clever! I love all the inking in the background - amazing!
Thank you SO much for your kind words! They really mean a lot to me coming from a talented artist like yourself. :)

Allison Cope a dit…

Soooo.... cute Agata!

Sue Sykes a dit…

So clever!! Love the corrugated basket...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor a dit…

Hey Agata! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Glenda J a dit…

This is brilliant! I love it! A winner for sure! Thanks for your comment on MFW!

Jill a dit…

Beautiful! Love that rich blue background!