mercredi 6 avril 2011

What's your story?

Hello! How is your week going so far? Mine is sort of... great! The weather is more than fine and I've completed a layout I wanted to for quite a long time! It's going to be this year's album's opener since this story happened on the 2nd of January. And what's the story, you might ask. Well, I guess every child has a favorite plush toy. My daughter had two: one she has to have in her bed for sleeping and a second one who became her best friend. She was carrying this teddy bear everywhere under her arm, it was all stained and grey instead of initial white. On the 2nd of January I was leaving for a short trip and since we had very little time, on our way to the airport we stopped in a restaurant to eat. The teddy disappeared in between the parking lot and the queue, in literally something like 3 to 5 minutes. We looked for it everywhere, my husband went back there and searched for a long time. Nothing. This was also the day when my daughter was not feeling very well so it was a total nightmare! And must tell you that we were all sad and very much affected by the disappearance of "our" Teddy. We wanted to buy a new one but the one presented as the same on the internet doesn't look the same on the picture... So, our daughter has a white bunny instead that she seems to have accepted almost like the Teddy. But still, it's not the same...

Supplies: cardstock Bazzil Basics; patterned papers MME; brad and letter stickers AC; sewing machine


The patterned papers are yet another story. I bought those about a year a half ago and they were still hidden untouched in my stash. But when I took them out, I fell in love with them *again*! So much texture and such beautiful colors! I can see another layout coming soon...

And what's your story today? Would love to hear it! See you soon!

12 commentaires:

Barb a dit…

I'm so glad I stopped by here today, Agata. What a lovely, sad, sweet story! And you've captured it so beautifully in this layout! Your daughter will love looking back at this one day. She's such a cutie!

Vera Yates (Ling) a dit…

Agata, I love, love the design of this page. Simple, but gorgeous. Sorry to hear that your daughter lost her beloved teddy!

Virginia L. a dit…

How lovely and sweet! Love this page so much, Agata! I can feel for your DD as my son had lost his beloved snoopy while we visited Disney World years ago...it was VERY tough, but he got through. Now we just teased him about how he missed his stuff toy...he is 16 now :)

Virginie a dit…

Oh non!! quelle triste histoire :-(
Je n'ose même pas imaginer la peine que ta Puce a du avoir...
En tout cas, c'est un très bel hommage que tu rends à son nounours. Ta page est sublime, j'aime ces carrés de couleurs et ton titre en 2 parties. Sublime!!

Bises

xoxox

alexandra s.m. a dit…

Ohlalalalala....le cauchemar de tout enfant ( et adulte!) comme je suis triste, et si touchée! Moi j'ai encore mon doudou dnas mon lit! quand j'étais petite j'avais un cauchemar récirrent: que le doudou passe par la fénetre sur l'autoriute!! Ta page et ton journaling sont merveilleux! tout simplement PARFAIT et cette photo ets extraordinaire!!
Avez-vous trouvé un nouveau doudou?

BISOUS

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) a dit…

Beautiful layout, love how CAS it is....

whoistracy a dit…

This is so pretty! I love the blocks behind the photo. I always cut my 8.5x11" paper down to 8" square but I'm seeing the beauty in keeping it just like it is. Lovely layout!!

Tiffany Ervin a dit…

Wow, Agata, this is really amazing, the photo really captures the story and the embellishments/materials that surround it. So clean and sophisticated!

flokapad'blog a dit…

Ta page est superbe Agata avec cette mosaïque de couleur qui met si bien ta belle photo n&b en avant ! ça doit être très difficile pour ta jolie petite fille...

J'ai toujours autant de plaisir à venir ici découvrir tes jolies créations Agata (juste un peu perturbée par la disparition du français depuis quelques semaines ;-)

Merci de partager tout ceci ici avec nous !

Kristin a dit…

Oh how this tugs at my heart strings...the layout, the photo and the story! My 2 year old just went thru the same thing, I know the pain. Thanks for your sweet comments on my project at PC's 350 Cards and Gifts blog hop!

Valérie a dit…

Très belle mep...j'adooore ces 4 carrés de base...de jolis ton tout en simplicité: la classe!
A+

Zielonooka a dit…

Piękne zdjęcie w świetnej oprawie, bardzo mi się podoba te LO:), poza tym jak większość Twoich prac:)
Czy mogę zliftować tego LOsa?
Pozdrawiam:)